Like many in the travel industry, we at Native Eye have watched with both concern and astonishment at the devastating impact Covid-19 has had on the world, global travel and now, many aspects of our everyday life.
Whilst Native Eye travellers are by their very nature intrepid and pioneering (the destinations we travel to not always in line with usual Foreign Office travel recommendations) it would be remiss of us not to take official travel advice when it comes to Coronavirus seriously. Your safety and wellbeing remain as always, our top priority.
At the time of writing, the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office advises British people against all non-essential travel worldwide, with very few exceptions other than some European and Caribbean destinations.
Whilst government travel advice, border restrictions in relation to the virus and airlines serving those destinations are changing on an almost daily, if not hourly basis, rest assured that we are monitoring the situation closely and will advise impacted travellers accordingly.
We recognise that some of our travellers prefer clarity on their travel plans as early as possible, while others are keen to travel and hoping that restrictions will change before their trip is scheduled to depart.
For those travellers who are yet to depart, we are making decisions regarding our trips on a rolling basis and will contact you to confirm whether or not your trip will run no later than one month prior to departure. For the moment, we have suspended all tours until the end of December 2020. For most of our travellers, we are not requesting the payment of your balance until we have confirmed with you that the trip will run.
Our decision over whether a trip will run is based on a number of different factors, including:
– Whether the UK government advises against travel to that destination for Covid 19 related reasons
– Whether restrictions on entry make it impractical to operate the trip, for example an enforced quarantine on arrival
– Whether we can realistically run the trip in a safe and enjoyable way
If we have not contacted you to inform you otherwise, we are still hoping to run your trip as planned. However, if you have any queries about this, please do not hesitate to contact us.
When we cannot run a trip due to Covid 19, we are offering our travellers the chance to either transfer onto another trip free of charge, or receive a refund. This means that if you are interested in booking with us in the future, you can do so with confidence.
These truly are unusual times, and we thank all of our travellers for the patience and understanding that they have shown. We cannot of course predict when – but this will pass. And when it has, we can’t wait to show you our incredible destinations once more.
We will keep in touch as and when the situation changes. Until then, stay safe and well.